In this fast-paced environment that we are all currently living; finding time to watch TV, binge-watch the newest series on Netflix, or just read a book seems like a luxury. Our time is often so limited and compromised. However, we have found a way to maintain ourselves entertained while we work, on car rides or even before going to sleep: podcasts. If you want to feel super inspired, motivated and learn more about other rock-star female entrepreneurs doing fantastic things, you need to start listening to these 4 Podcasts Every Female Entrepreneur Should Listen To that we are about to share. We cannot enjoy these alone and wanted to share them with you.Please take a few minutes from your week to enjoy one or all of these. You’re welcome. 😉
All Up In Your Lady Business
This is currently one of our favorite podcasts at the moment and a recent find for us that we cannot get enough of. They share their experiences as business owners and interview other rockstar females who are making it. As they once said on an episode: we’ll listen to “conversations with inspiring ladies who have designed a life they love by doing a like they love.” Their name, slogan, awesome content and bubbly personality episode after episode makes us love this one a lot. You can also join the Facebook Group here.
🎧 Listen to the All Up In Your Lady Business podcast here.
💻Visit their website
Being Boss is a podcast by Emily Thompson and Kathleen Shannon. Each episodes speaks about topics we are all, at some point, curious about when having our own businesses. From Leaving the Day Job, to Working from Home, Client Management, and Behaving Like a Boss! I mean, if these titles don’t float your boat I don’t know what will. Emily and Kathleen do a fantastic job sharing tips, advice and interviews that’ll help you be a boss at work and in your life.
🎧 Listen to the Being Boss podcast here.
💻Visit their website
She Means Business
She Means Business is a podcast hosted by Carrie Green, founder of The Female Entrepreneur Association and brings us short weekly episodes about turning your ideas into reality by having your own business and how to be successful at it. Some of our favorite episodes are: Building Your Dream Business while Living your Dream Life, From Extreme Burn out to the Business of Your Dreams, and Condition Yourself for Success.
🎧 Listen to the She Means Business podcast here.
💻Visit their website
She Did It Her Way
This is another fantastic weekly podcast hosted by Amanda Boleyn, that’ll most definitely inspire you if you are creating or running your own business. This podcast is packed with advice and stories to help you succeed in the business world. If you are considering subscribing to this podcast, check out some of our favorite episodes: Startup to Success, CEO with a Side of Chic, and Bringing Your Vision to Life.
🎧 Listen to the She Did It Her Way podcast here.
💻Visit their website
Do you listen to any other great podcast from females who are rocking the business world? Please do share with us in the comments section below. We’d love to enjoy them with you and add them to our list of 4 Podcasts Every Female Entrepreneur Should Listen To. 🎧
Blog post article? Check. Facebook post? Check. Schedule Tweets? Check. Pinterest pin? Check. Instagram post? Check.
But, how much attention do you actually pay to your Instagram grid? Do you have a defined strategy?
Let’s deep-dive into this. If you are actually scratching your head with this term, let me tell you that you are not alone. A great amount of people have no idea what this means, although they interact with it several times per week.
Your Instagram grid accounts for the first 6 photos that appear on your Instagram profile. Fascinating, huh?
How often do you post on Instagram? Have you determined the type of content that goes into your Instagram account? Would you like to increase your following by double in a few months? – Well, I can’t really guarantee that; however i can assure you that a well-thought out Instagram grid could be beneficial.
Quick test: Without looking at your Instagram account, can you point out what’s currently on your grid? Type it now in the comments section below and come back here to continue reading… 😉
All done? Alright.
So, you ask: “Why are you talking so much about the Instagram grid and why should I care?” Look at your Instagram grid as your business card, credentials presentation or your own outdoor billboard. It is people’s first impression about you and you need to make it spectacular!
With 500 million monthly active users and counting, Instagram users have proven their love and loyalty for this platform and they don’t seem to be going anywhere. With more and more users joining this platform per day, the competition gets tougher and tougher.
So let’s talk about how to improve your Instagram grid.
- Relax: being on top of all of your social media plus taking care of your business can be stressful at times; hire a professional if you are feeling like it is taking away from the real important things towards your success.
- Plan: social media is all about being spontaneous, however if you plan ahead your posts and content, you’ll have enough time to put together your graphics and make sure they are on point.
- Pick: pick a filter or color scheme and stick to it. There are various applications that you can use and will ease this process.
- Inspiration: with over 500 millions monthly users, we’re sure you can find inspiration on some other accounts. hey, we’re not telling you to go copy them, but finding inspiration sources is always a great start!
We’ve put together a quick list of some of our current favorite grids.
1. Lauren Conrad | 2. Grey Likes | 3. Moët Chandon | 4. Passion Planner | 5. Starbucks | 6. Nomadic Newlyweds | 7. Bash_Studio | 8. Teaspressa | 9. Chachamatcha
Digging the Instagram data? Want to know more about its growth and potential? Here’s some additional data that is always helpful to have around:
Know other Instagram accounts that are a great inspiration source? Feel free to comment below and we’ll check it out and include it.
If you are anything like me, i know you LOVE ♥️ to switch up your phone’s wallpaper frequently. Ever so often i find myself looking motivational quotes and turning them into wallpapers to keep me pumped during the day – heck how often do you check your phone per day?For 2017, I decided to change things up a little and make my own wallpaper and share it with you guys. Therefore, February’s freebie will be #girlboss wallpaper. Closing 2016 made me realize how many #girlbosses and powerful / empowered women are around me. This is something that we need to cultivate and not criticize.
Grab it now!
So, if you want to update your phone’s look and feel for February, here you go: 👉🏾 click here to download the #girlboss wallpaper 👈🏾 and please, pretty please, if you do use it; please tag us on Facebook, Twitter on Insta with your screenshot using the hashtag #psgirlboss. Would love love love to see it 😍 and if you like it, please share this post with other #girlbosses around you; would you? 😉
The life of the typical entrepreneur is incredibly hectic. Startup business owners tend to face a rockier road than others due to the tasks associated with launching a brand new enterprise. But the path doesn’t become much smoother from there. In fact, a recent study indicates that an entrepreneur’s average workweek of is 63 percent longer than a common employee who puts in 40 hours per week. Because of this, many entrepreneurs integrate the following time-saving tips into their lifestyle.
Getting a Head Start on the Day
While the majority of people are still sleeping at 3:45 a.m., Apple CEO Tim Cook is sorting and reading his latest emails. Michelle Obama has already begun her daily workout by 4:30 a.m. and Indra Nooyi, CEO of PepsiCo, is always in her office by 7:00 a.m. sharp. As you can see, it pays to get a head start on the day.
Certain individuals are able to rely on a sort of natural alarm clock. By utilizing the body’s inherent circadian rhythm, these people are able to regulate their sleeping habits and wake up without the use of an alarm clock. Although they might not be able to awaken at a specific time each and every morning, their margin of error is usually close enough to work with.
Fortunately for those who do depend on a mechanical or electronic clock, today’s alarms aren’t nearly as obnoxious and annoying as they once were. The traditional sound of a metal hammer striking a bell, while certainly effective, has given way to gradual signals, soothing human voices and environmental sounds from the rainforest.
Establishing a Consistent Schedule
Entrepreneurs are also known for maintaining consistent schedules. Checking emails, cooking breakfast and showering tend to be amongst the first items on most daily agendas. Not only does this let you establish a concrete routine, but it can help eliminate any indecisiveness you have.
Relying on a day-to-day schedule can even affect your productivity. Once you map out your schedule, you’re likely to find gaps ready to be filled with other activities. Try to use this time to your advantage by reading or studying. Those who want to bolster their career even further might spend some of their newfound free time in the office.
Hacking Your Commute
Depending on how far you have to drive, your daily work commute can be a real source of frustration. Since the trip usually takes place early in the day and again at the end of your shift, it’s far too easy to let the inconvenience turn into a serious stressor. However, there are a number of steps you can take to ease some of the tension and trouble over a lengthy commute.
Commuters sometimes find it useful to sing along with their favorite songs while driving. This is a great way to inject some fun into a boring commute. Depending on your skill level, however, this one might be best reserved for solo trips. Other ideas include learning a new language, listening to audiobooks and creating an audio journal.
Sharing your commute with a coworker is another great method to stave off the boredom and monotony of the daily drive. Carpooling can also save you money, increase the longevity of your vehicle and even help protect the environment.
Prioritizing Your Daily Activities
Prioritization goes hand-in-hand with the implementation of a daily schedule. Entrepreneurs who have the luxury of a personal assistant can delegate some of these activities, but many aren’t that lucky. In this case, there’s no other solution but to rank your responsibilities according to their importance and work your way down the list. Unfortunately, this process is rarely that straightforward.
Some prefer to prioritize their daily activities from easiest to most difficult. Finishing up smaller, menial tasks at the beginning of the day will leave you with plenty of time to focus on bigger tasks. Conversely, tackling the large jobs and major responsibilities upfront can eliminate some of the day’s stress right from the start. It’s ultimately up to you to choose the approach that works best.
Seeking out a Consulting Service
Business consulting firms are an excellent go-to for young entrepreneurs and startup brands. Apart from their awareness of current market trends, organizational management and regulatory compliance, consulting services can even help create, develop and refine your initial business model.
Startup enterprises and new business leaders stand to benefit immensely from a consulting service. While generalized firms can help you in a variety of different areas, you can call specialists in to handle specific functions such as finance, human resources or information technology. Other consultancy roles exist for nearly every business operation and activity imaginable.
Taking More Naps
This may sound counterproductive, but research shows that those who take short naps of 20 to 30 minutes throughout the day tend to be more alert and energetic than those who don’t. In fact, it’s rumored that Leonardo da Vinci took a 15-minute nap every four hours, thereby granting him six more hours per day. Thomas Edison was thought to follow similar sleeping patterns.
Despite the effectiveness of regular naps, the majority of traditional employers do not accommodate the practice. While it really isn’t feasible on any kind of large scale, some proactive companies have implemented quiet spaces and nap rooms for their staff. Employers such as Ben & Jerry’s, Zappos, Nike and even NASA all provide their employees with the option of napping throughout the workday.
Making the Most of Your Entrepreneurial Lifestyle
The entrepreneurial lifestyle isn’t for everyone.
Although it can be incredibly rewarding and exciting, it’s a role that demands a strong attention to detail, unwavering dedication to your business and the ability to multitask on a day-to-day basis. Pink Studios offers a range of social media, consulting, web design and other marketing services to help busy entrepreneurs keep up with the daily demand.
For those who are able to handle the fast-paced nature of the entrepreneur, however, success waits just around the corner.
Lexie Lu is a designer and blogger. She actively contributes to the design world and usually has a cup of coffee in close proximity. She writes weekly on Design Roast and can be followed on Twitter @lexieludesigner.
Ever since Facebook launched Facebook Live for everyone back in April 2016, most people have been tempted to use it. Some, have jumped the bandwagon and are creating amazing content for their followers; but there are still some users who do not dare to try this super engaging platform. “Going live” on Facebook feels special because you are going live with the people you care about.
Why use Facebook Live?
As of a couple years ago, regular Facebook updates are not enough. People are consuming videos more and more and so the game rules have changed. Facebook Live allows Pages (or profiles) to create broadcasts from a computer with a webcam or a smartphone. The reach possibilities for your page and brand are endless.
If you have not yet tried Facebook Live videos or you are looking for ways to improve your broadcasts, look no further. I got you. We have put together a list of helpful tips to help you make the most kick-ass Facebook Live videos for your followers:
- Promote, promote, promote: If you want people to watch your broadcast you need to make sure that they know you’ll be broadcasting. (duh! Captain Obvious.) I know that sometimes you go live for sudden reasons; but, as long as you can, make sure to include your Facebook Live broadcast on your content calendar so know in advance when you will be doing this and you can notify your followers and promote across all social networks.
Facebook has a neat feature where it notifies users when interesting Facebook Lives are on, but you can also encourage your followers to go to your Facebook Business Page and click on the Liked button, a drop-down will pop up and they’ll be able to turn on the notifications for your page – that will include: posts and live videos.
- Practice & Test: There are multiple things that should be practiced and tested before going Live on Facebook.
- make sure that your internet connection is optimal – Facebook Live videos are recommended on wifi and/or 4G connections. You can test your speed with apps such as SpeedTest. Anything above 3Mbps is great!
- test your lighting – a place that is too dark will discourage followers
- minimize background noise and keep an ear out for echo – you want to deliver a crisp sound
- do a test run for yourself – you can do this by selecting Only Me on the start screen.
- Timing – pick the right time for your Facebook Live while considering time difference across your states/countries. Facebook Insights is another great tool to consider when deciding.
- Write a kickass description: a kickass Facebook Live video needs a kickass description. Remember that videos on Facebook autoplay on mute, therefore users will immediately read the description to decide whether they want to join the party or not. Make sure that your description is concise and attractive.
- Outline or script: in my opinion, Facebook Live videos are not meant to be uptight, however, having a set list of topics you want to cover on your video will make the process so much smoother.
- Engage – begin the video by welcoming those who have joined, briefing the audience on the topics or purpose of the video and encouraging the audience to interact throughout the broadcast by commenting and asking questions.
- Be considerate – even if there are 2, 100 or 1,600 viewers, they all deserve the same respect.
- begin the video as planned – incorporating suggestions from tip #6 as desired. Do not wait 3 minutes to begin on your agenda because there are not enough people on.
- if you only had 3 viewers when you started the broadcast 5 minutes ago and now 2 more have joined, do not go back and repeat everything you already covered – the other 5 deserve your respect for being early; do not lose their interest.
- if you do not want to waste interest of those who arrived late to the party, periodically go over the topics covered and encourage them to watch the recording once it’s completed so they don’t miss out.
- Analyze Results: once your broadcast has come to an end, you will be able to take a look at the metrics provided. From your metrics, you will be able gauge your performance and continue to polish your Facebook Live strategy.
- Reply to Comments: once your broadcast has finalized, make sure to reply to all those comments that were left on your video – engaging is key!
- Don’t let it die, re-purpose: Facebook Live videos are evergreen – they will stay on your Page forever. Use them on your content strategy by referring to them through blog posts, other Facebook Live videos, re-sharing them on different social networks, and so on. The opportunities are endless.
Now, get your strategy together and turn on those cameras!
Still having doubts on how to get started or perfection your strategy? Relax, send us a quick note and we’ll work together to create some kickass content.